(As opposed to winter labour: cutting, tying, maintenance)
Concerns all operations done during the vine's growing season: suckering, shoot
positioning, trimming, leaf thinning
- Suckering and bud removal : removal of
useless branches on the trunk or any undesired secondary buds.
- Shoot positioning : one to bring all the branches of the
vine up to the trellis wires
- Trimming : cutting the ends of the shoots during the growing
- Eliminating secondary branches (“entre-cœurs”):
these develop at the base of the leaves on a main branch.
- Leaf thinning : removing leaves around the grape binches,
starting at veraison or just before harvest.